Are you a very influential person? Are you good at being persuasive? Or do you have a big online ego? Well then, you should probably consider Affiliate Marketing as a source of online income. What is Affiliate Marketing, you might ask?
Affiliate Marketing is also known as Performance Marketing. It is the process of promoting another product for a percentage of the commission. Many websites have Affiliate Marketing programs which you can sign up for. For some websites, you may have to apply to get accepted into a program but for others you can get instant access as an affiliate.
There are many different types of Affiliate Programs out there and thus, there are many different ways that you can promote products. Here are some pretty simple ways to advertise the product that you are promoting:
- Tell a friend or family about it on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social networking site. Your close friends whom share a lot of trust with you are more likely to listen to you than some stranger on the internet!
- Build your social media presence. If have a lot of fans/likes/friends on a social media website, use that to your advantage to promote your affiliate link.
- Start up a niche website or blog and use it to advertise for your affiliate links with ads, banners, and/or posts.
- Build your online ego on websites, forums, chat rooms, etc. Having a notorious online ego will get more people to listen to you and visit your affiliate links.
- Learn how to market people’s attention through videos. Take advantage of YouTube by uploading a video made to grab people’s attentions. I won’t be going over YouTube Marketing in this article.
Now that you know the basics of Affiliate Marketing, the last thing that you have to do is join websites that have programs for you to profit from. Some products will pay more than others but it might also be harder to get people to buy them. It is all up to you to find out which products work out best!