Fiverr is a marketplace for gigs that was launched three years ago and just recently Fiverr has reached over two million gigs on their marketplace. Fiverr has 1.7 million registered users and gigs are literally purchased once every six seconds. For those of you who have not yet started with Fiverr, you are probably wondering whether or not it is too late to get started as a seller and have a slice of the pie! Well luckily for you, it’s not too late and you’re about to learn why!
Two weeks ago, I had created a new account on Fiverr and put up six gigs. These were gigs that I had copied from other sellers so they weren’t original gigs meaning that I was competing against already established sellers. In less than 10 days after I had created my account on Fiverr, I had managed to make 7 sales on 3 of my gigs. I did not even promote my gigs and my gigs were not unique which shows that you can still infact make money with Fiverr. Therefore, Fiverr is great way to earn some pocket cash and on top of that it is also possible to make a full/part time income stream on Fiverr if you are willing to work hard and create original/unique gigs. Yes, you can make money by copying other people’s gigs but if your gig is unique then you will stand out from the crowd and if your unique gig is useful then people will buy it. If you are planning to start out on Fiverr by creating gigs that have a lot of competition then here are some tips that can help you make your first few sales:
1. For each of your first few sales, make sure that you do everything that you can to please the seller because who knows, they might order your gig again? Out of the 7 sales that I made on Fiverr, 5 of them were from the same person simply because I did a good job on the first gig. Therefore, creating a good relationship with the buyer is a crucial part of your success on Fiverr.
2. Try to utilize social media for promoting your gig. Tell your Facebook friends, your Twitter followers, or your family about your gig. You will never know whether social media marketing will work for you or not until you’ve tried.
3. Upload a good picture for your gig and create a well written description. Make sure that there are no typos or grammatical mistakes in your gig description. If you can then film a good video for your gig! Gigs that have a video along with them are more likely to generate sales.
4. Make sure that you publish your gig in the proper section and that your title is closely related to your gig. Also make sure that you use good keywords that are related to your gig, you should have about 3-5 keywords.
5. Be active on the Fiverr sellers forum. If you are having trouble making any sales then you can ask those who are experienced for guidance! They can rate your gigs, give you feedback and tell you what you’re doing wrong! Getting help from other experienced sellers can be the difference as to whether you will succeed or fail on Fiverr.